Mount Carmel Subdivision is on the site of the old Mount Carmel Girl’s Catholic School. The Sisters of Mount Carmel operated the school from 1855 to 1965 when Hurricane Betsy tendered it unusable. Also, on this site are the “Mount Carmel Oaks.”
This subdivision has been completed and sold out, but it is still home to many attractive, Lea Rutter built homes. It is located at the corner of St. Charles Street and Menard Street in the heart of Thibodaux.